# TIPS FOR ANSWERING QUESTIONS IN SSB #

#SSB SEEMS TO BE TOUGH NUT TO CRACK FOR MANY ASPIRANTS. INTERVIEW BECOMES PUZZLE FOR MANY STUDENTS. I AM PROVIDING SOME TIPS HOW SIMPLE QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ANSWERED.#
NM MISHRA FACULTY AT BRILLIANT ACADEMY OF LEARNING IS SHARING HIS LONG EXPERIENCE WITH YOU WHICH MIGHT HELP .
There are certain questions asked by the IO during the course of the interview that would entail tough choices to be made by the candidate. Let us understand the rationale behind asking such questions and how you must approach them.
The questions could be like:
• Which was the teacher in your school that you disliked?
• Are you more close with your father or mother and why?
• Tell me three qualities of your best friend that you do not like?
• Tell me one quality of your each parent, with an example, that you do not like?
First of all we need to understand, as to why the IO would ask you such questions. His primary aim is to gauge your social intelligence, tact and maturity in dealing with tough choices, your courage of conviction and your ability to be forthright and honest in giving a candid opinion.
If you examine the questions carefully, you will realise that the requirements while addressing such questions are contradicting each other, i.e. you have to be tactful and diplomatic in speaking out your mind and at the same time be honest and straight forward. That is precisely what I referred to above, as “Social Intelligence”.
While replying to such type of questions, give a reply that is brief, but at the same time complete in all respects. What I mean to say is, do not give just a “yes-no” type of an answer, but briefly explain it out in an appropriate manner.
However, there is a need to give a smart answer, do not be curt or abrasive, and build up your reply by initially being appreciative rather than highlighting the negativities.
A suggested approach towards answering such questions is as given below. While you could use the template given below, but please apply ‘your own mind’ and use ‘your own language’ while answering them during your SSB:
• Which was the teacher in your school that you disliked?
“Sir, I was very fortunate to have real good teachers during my school days and actually there was none that I really disliked. To be honest sir, I found the subject of maths quite tough and used to avoid the proximity of my maths teacher. He too many a times rebuked me for my performance and at that stage; I felt he was gunning for me. However, now when I look back at it as hindsight, I feel that all that he told me, even if it sounded harsh to me then, has helped to bring out the best in me”.
• Are you more close with your father or mother and why?
“Sir, I am a blessed person to have parents like mine. I am close to both of them and I always feel free to communicate with either of them. However, since my father is working and is mostly out, I tend to interact more with my mother”.
• Tell me three qualities of your best friend that you do not like?
‘”Sir, growing and evolving as a human is a continuous process and all of us do have some flaws that we need to improve upon. My best friend, Suresh, is a gifted writer and has a way with the word. However, what I keep telling him also is that he needs to focus on this latent talent that he possesses, but I guess he is a bit lazy.
Secondly, though he secures good marks, his academic performance can become even better if he could manage his time better.
Thirdly, he must inculcate the habit of participating in some physical activities and outdoor games so that he improves his physical fitness level.
I guess sir, like they say unlike poles attract, perhaps that is why we are best friends. He assists me in my studies and I keep pushing him to lead a more active, organised and disciplined life”.
• Tell me one quality of your each parent, with an example, that you do not like?
“Sir, I am really blessed to have parents like mine. I idolise them and cannot think of any flaws in them. However, since you have asked me to give examples of some attributes of their personality that can be improved, I would say that:
My mother has always been a stickler for disciple and sometimes tends to lose her composure a bit, e.g. if I haven’t made my bed in the morning or I overslept after studying late at night (and she is not aware of it). Though, I keep asking her not to lose her patience so easily, but I can understand that since she is wearing many caps at any given time at home, she yields to the pressure of work.
As regards my father, he is my role model. Being a perfectionist, he gets completely submerged in his professional work. His involvement in work is so complete that he invariably forgets to take care of his health and also is unable to spend quality time with us as a routine. I often urge him to balance out his time better so that he remains healthy and also, can spend some more time with us”.
Note: Lastly, I wish to highlight that it is very important to remain suitably tactful and pleasantly graceful while answering such questions. You could read my blog on the subject which will help to mentally prepare you to present a more dignified and socially desirable personality.
BRILLIANT ACADEMY OF LEARNING HAS MANY EXPERTS WHO CAN GUIDE YOU FOR SSB. CONTACT -- 9212096139/9891726652

Comments

  1. Great Blog! You can serve your country in the front lines if you pass the NDA, Airforce, and other defense exams. Click Airforce Coaching Academy in Charkhi Dadri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Details for upcoming exams - IMF,World Bank, CBI,IB,ED, RAW ,WTO,UNO,RBI ,Finance Commission, Planning Commission, NITI AYOG, Election Commission, National Parties, Supreme Court ,UPSC etc with recent updates

Which is the best coaching Institute and how to prepare for General Competitions like SSC,Bank & Railway ?

# हत्या से संबंधित अनेक शब्दों के एक शब्द (One Word Substitution )#