Important points of Indian Constitution (Written on 22nd April 2020 by NM Mishra)
1. The constituent assembly was established under provisions of Cabinet Mission ,1946.
2. The concept of Fundamental Rights, Judicial Review, written constitution, position of vice-president have been borrowed from the constitution of United States of America.
3. 7 th Schedule deals in distribution of powers between Centre and States.
4. The emergency powers of President has been described in Article 352(National Emergency), Article 356(President Rule), Article 360(Financial Emergency).
5. Through 61st constitutional amendment Act 1989 , voting age eligibility was reduced from 21 years to 18 years.
6. Vice President is ex-officio chairman of Rajya Sabha ( Upper House ). Vice President is elected under Art 63 by members of Loksabha and Rajyasabha.
7. Money Bill(Article 110) is introduced in Lok Sabha (Lower House) with prior recommendation of President. Rajya Sabha can keep Money Bill for maximum 14 days. If there is any dispute in parliament that any bill is Money Bill or not ,then decision of Lok Sabha speaker is final.
8. Present strength of Loksabha is 545 and maximum strength of Loksabha can be 552.
9. Present strength of Rajya Sabha is 245 and maximum strength can be 250.
10. Panchayati Raj was established on 2nd October 1959 at Nagore , Rajasthan. Panchayati Raj was given constitutional status through 73rd constitutional amendment Act 1992 and provisions related to it were put under Article 243 and 11th Schedule.